Mark your calendars everyone; it’s preseason basketball!
The New York Knicks’ 2014 preseason schedule was announced this week, which includes seven games against five different opponents. Here is what the schedule looks like:
- 10/8 @ Boston Celtics- XL Center, Hartford, CT 7:30 p.m.
- 10/11 @ Boston Celtics- Mohegan Sun Arena, Mohegan, CT 7:30 p.m.
- 10/13 vs. Toronto Raptors- Madison Square Garden, New York, NY 7:30 p.m.
- 10/14 @ Philadelphia 76ers- Carrier Dome, Syracuse, NY 7:00 p.m.
- 10/20 vs. Milwaukee Bucks- Madison Square Garden, New York, NY 7:30 p.m.
- 10/22 vs. Washington Wizards - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY 7:30 p.m.
- 10/24 @ Toronto Raptors- Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec 7:30 p.m.
- The Knicks play two division foes twice: the Boston Celtics and the Toronto Raptors. While it’s only the preseason, it will be interesting to see how the Knicks stack up in the Atlantic Division.
- Toronto’s match-ups have three games in between them. Keep an eye on how much more fluid the Knicks’ version of the triangle offense looks over that stretch.
- October 14th’s game at the Carrier Dome is a square off between two Syracuse alum: Carmelo Anthony and Philadelphia’s Michael Carter-Williams. I’m assuming Melo will be cheered loudly having won a championship for the school and donating $3 million for the Carmelo K. Anthony Center.
- Clyde and his exotic suits will be back commentating the games. It’s not Knicks’ season without some Frazier-isms!
If you are as excited as I am, you can go ahead and purchase tickets here. Check back for some game previews as we get closer to the preseason.