The New York Knicks tip off with the Orlando Magic tonight at 7. Injuries not withstanding, they will take the court with the same roster with which they began the season. The NBA trade deadline came and went yesterday and the Knicks didn’t budge. There were rumors, of course — some very nearly came to fruition — but ultimately, the Knicks didn’t/couldn’t find a deal that suited them.
So, with 28 games remaining, the Knicks will make their final playoff push, hoping to salvage something out of this nightmarish season.
Here’s a look around the web to see what other folks are saying about the Knicks:
- Ian Begley provided a little more insight as to what happened to the Knicks at yesterday’s deadline. It sounds like Shumpert’s knee injury really scared off a lot of teams and halted talks. Oh well.
- Zach Lowe and Bill Simmons discussed the trade deadline for a really long time. Some of it is worth reading, though, like I said, it’s really, really long.
- Raymond Felton, now a Knick for at least five more months, is angry that people are disrespecting he and his weight and conditioning. I have a feeling lingering injuries are playing a part in his poor play (recall that Woodson said he might not be healthy all year), but it’s always fair to question how fit Felton is. Especially when he’s noticeably lacking in any forward or lateral speed/quickness.
- Jim Cavan broke down Andrea Bargnani’s future with the Knicks, and it’s not particularly uplifting, though he does make some points that Bargnani (and his contract) aren’t totally worthless.
- Game-related: Amar’e Stoudemire will play tonight vs. the Magic.
- Lastly, Dan Litvin of knicksfan.net fame wrote a lovely piece on Knicks fandom and how he became attached to such a painfully rough team to root for.