Tonight the New York Knicks take on the Chicago Bulls. The Knicks are fresh off a disheartening loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers, and all those positive feelings from last week’s back-to-back blowout wins have been long forgotten. Once again, things are pretty gloomy in Knickville, and questions about coaching changes and roster blow-ups are upon us.
Suffice to say that tonight’s game feels like a pretty big one. The injury-riddled Bulls have struggled in the post-Derrick Rose portion of their season, and they’re fresh off a loss to the also-terrible Milwaukee Bucks. The Knicks have a chance to beat a good, but struggling team tonight, and if they lose pitifully again, things might happen. We’ll see.
In the meantime, check out some links from around the web, some of which are a few days old, but still relevant:
- Over the weekend, Scott Cacciola of the New York Times did a feature on the Knicks blogging community, including Robert Silverman of Knickerblogger, Seth Rosenthal of Posting and Toasting, Jamie O’Grady and Jonah Kaner of The Knicks Wall, and yours truly! It was very nice, and I’m flattered to have been included.
- Chris Herring highlighted Pablo Prigioni’s importance to the team, and how Mike Woodson is totally missing the point of the Knicks’ strengths and weaknesses. Like, the East is not that “big,” so the Knicks shouldn’t feel the need to size up, nor should Woodson EVER think it’s OK to sacrifice wins now for the team to be better in the playoffs. In case he hadn’t noticed, the Knicks are currently out of the playoffs.
- On a positive note, Kenyon Martin’s passing from the perimeter has been pretty good this season. K-Mart, in general, makes this team a lot better.
- Would you select Carmelo Anthony as a top star on a title contending team? Dan Favale analyzed the idea for Bleacher Report, and it’s worth a look. My answer is no, despite all of the talent Anthony has.
- Finally, enjoy ten minutes of an angry Knicks fan venting after the Knicks got blown out by 41 points to the Boston Celtics. Probably NSFW, by the way.