1) LeBron James (25.3 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 6.8 APG, 59 FG%, 78 FT%, 48 3P%) – No surprise here as the best player in the world is having another hot start to the season. The numbers are going to be there, but you have to be impressed by his percentage numbers.
2) Kevin Durant (28.6 PPG 7.1 RPG, 5.2 APG, 45 FG%, 37 3P%, 87 FT%) – KD should be on his way to another scoring title but has lifted his game even more this season, especially on the boards. Durant is sick of LeBron winning everything and is more determined then ever to surpass him.
3) Paul George (24.2 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 3.2 APG, 46 FG%, 36 3P%, 78 FT%) – George has the Pacers playing the best basketball in the league and is in the MVP talk. He is young but has the swagger and demeanor of a veteran.
4) Carmelo Anthony (25.8 PPG, 9.8 RPG, 2.8 APG, 42 FG%, 33 3P%, 82 FT%) – The losing in New York will be pinned on Carmelo even though he is doing everything you expect out of him. Melo has been crashing the boards and the leading scorer for the Knicks. But as long as they aren’t winning games, his numbers won’t mean the same as LeBron’s, Durant’s, and George’s.
5) Chandler Parsons (16.6 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 4.1 APG, 50 FG%, 30 3P%, 75 FT%) – Parsons is on a team with two other superstars and is still putting up great numbers. He is reliable scorer and can do anything that is asked of him. He is in a perfect role on a perfect team and is taking full advantage of it.
Honorable Mentions: Evan Turner, Luol Deng, Kawhi Leonard