Knicks Notes will be a daily roundup of Knick related news and notes
- Happy Birthday Earl Monroe! Today the Knick legend turns 67. Wonder if he will play bingo online for money? Hopefully, he’ll win some B-day dough.
- Carmelo Anthony has agreed to take part in four game exhibition tour. The tour is being described as a “homecoming tour” as games will be played in the home cities of each of the four main participants. Other participants include Lebron James, Chris Paul and Dwayne Wade.
- Cuttino Mobley is suing the Knicks for discrimination. Mobley didn’t technically play for the Knicks, however he believes that he was mistreated by the medical staff during his brief time there, causing him to retire prematurely.
- According to DraftExpress.com, Ronny Turiaf is faring well in France, averaging 10 points, 8 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game in 3 league games. He has also played one Eurocup game in which he scored 12 points, had 5 rebounds and a blocked shot. Turiaf recently spoke about his experience playing in France during the lockout.
- Finally,The Executive Director of the NBA Coaches Association, Michael H. Goldberg has written an open letter to the league, urging them to get a deal done and save the season.