Yeesh. Make the jump to to read Amar’e's further explanation of these comments.
* As promised, Amar’es further explanation of these comments!
* In more serious news, Carmelo “tweaked his knee” during the second half of last night’s blowout win against Toronto.
“It’s cool, it’s cool. I came down wrong on it tonight but I’m good,” Anthony said. “Just landed funny.”
Consider everyone reassured.
* Mike Kurylo of Knickerblogger wishfully theorizes the possibility of Shelden Williams being a difference maker this postseason.
“…I concluded that New York needed a swingman stopper, a bigman that can knock down the open shot, and a rebounder. It appears that Shelden Williams has given the Knicks a little of those last two categories.”
My take? Interesting and hopeful…but unfortunately, impossible.
* After getting destroyed in Boston last night, Philly is now just a half game up on New York in their battle to play Miami. Coincidentally, guess who the Knicks play tonight?
* There’s been much of Donnie Walsh’s contract status in the news recently, and a possible replacement was in attendance last night.
* Elton Brand is playing with a fractured hand. NO MERCY!
* Chauncey says Toney Douglas’ confidence (he hit six three-pointers and led the team with 28 points last night) is at an all-time high.
* Times recap.