Whenever Tyler Hansbrough scores more points than both Amar’e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony, chances are his team’s walking away with the win. Most didn’t see this coming, but some did. It was just one of those NBA games where every logical point tips the scale in one team’s favor, only to have the underdog blow them out. Onto the links:
* When you’re 0-7 from deep and can hardly run up the court, you better be making passes like this. Just kidding…but seriously. Chauncey didn’t play too well in his first game back from the thigh injury, but everyone’s entitled to an off night every now and then. It’s good to see him contribute in other ways.
* A couple of weeks ago, Mark Cuban said Denver got the better of New York in their blockbuster deal. Over the weekend, Carmelo Anthony says whoever acquired him got the better of everyone else.
* Which is a better road to go down? Chauncey, Chris Paul, Toney, other?
* The New York Times game recap.
* No need to check twice, Mr. Billups is just dominating the Linkin’ Center right now! Here’s a recent, very informative Q&A.
* With news breaking late last week that MSG was planning on raising its ticket prices for Rangers and Knicks games, the Daily News’ Filip Bondy takes issue. Especially if they’ll be losing to the Pacers on the reg.
* The season’s winding down now, and before we know it the playoffs will be on us. As talented as New York looks on paper, their inconsistent losses to subpar teams must have D’Antoni nervous.
* Nice piece on Ronny Turiaf and his personal connection to the Wes Leonard tragedy.
* Have we mentioned the Pacers’ best player didn’t dress last night?
* More Turiaf!! An interview with the Seattle Times on his Alma Mater’s tourney chances.