* Late last night as I was boogie boarding around in my nightly search for irresistible Knicks related stuff on the internet, a snippet caught my eye, looking both peculiar and hilarious at the same time. It seems ex-Knick Cuttino Mobley (he was traded here in 2008, but never played a game due to heart trouble) has his sights on making the world a better place. How does he plan on putting his name back in the spotlight and irrevocably adjusting your life for the better, you ask? Well, Mr. Mobley is trying his damnedest to open a Medical Marijuana Dispensary in always sunny Warwick, Rhode Island. From the looks of it, this might actually be a smart business venture should it ever get off the ground.
* Removed your head from the clouds yet? Back to basketball in a big way with a serious statistical mess from your favorite all things relevant/cultural/political website involving your main man Carmelo Anthony.
* New York Magazine gives their weekly Knicks power rankings. (Spoiler Alert: Shelden Williams is ranked higher than 3 of his teammates, making this list a total crock…Just kidding, Shelden!)
* As usual, the Verbal Masturbation Master arrives an hour late to the party.
* Back to picking on poor Shelden.
* A nice piece on the importance of chemistry within an NBA team.
* To honor the birth of rap music’s G.O.A.T., here’s a little basketball related lyricism for your eyes and ears.
* Chauncey Billups looks to remain on the mend.
* A very interesting article by Rob Mahoney on the overlooked importance of individual defense. Rob uses former Celtic Tony Allen, who will likely share time with Shane Battier guarding Carmelo Anthony tonight, to drive his point, and it’s one I couldn’t agree more with.
* Using statistics (gasp) the New York Post takes a look at the Knicks bump in production since the Carmelo trade.